Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My latest comings and goings


April. 8, 2008
This is a beautiful time of year when fruit trees blossom & robins sing. Nostalgia transforms me into that inner child when there were no cares of the world to hinder my imagination. These little blossoms leave us all to soon as they float across the meadows looking like snow as they cover the ground.




I awakened to the chirping of birds outside my window this morning. They are a pleasant reminder of warmer days ahead when I can work in my flowers and savor their gorgeous scents. The fresh Spring rains are a true blessing for all the lawns and greenery we will soon be enjoying. Another page of life is happening right before our eyes.




I have just finished a Beth Moore study at church. It was a 6 week Bible study course on the Psalms of Ascent. I never looked at Psalms the way she brought it to life in this study. If you ever have a chance to do one of her video studies. It will be well worth your time.


I am now reading her book ' Praying God's Word'.




Last week I was invited to a person's home where I had never been before. All you primitive lovers as me would be in awe of this home. It was a treasure trove of antiques and collectables of a time gone by. We drove out in the country in Old Hickory TN. where her log cabin home is located. I felt like I had stepped back in time. There it sat in the middle of the trees with no neighbors close at all. The house looks old but was built new to old specs.


I couldn't get enough of this house. I went from room to room soaking up all the beauty of old primitive items she has spent a lifetime collecting.


She wants me to make her an Americana doll which is the total theme of her home. It is all done in the red, white and blue. She likes to change things around and it makes decorating easier & she invited me there to see the colors she wanted.



She invited me to lunch and we sat before a window overlooking the wooded area in back of her home. It was a nice sunny day making it a wonderful blessing.




I watched her work making us a special sandwich she ate in a restaurant. We had the sandwich & a small bowl of chicken dumpling soup and a brownie dessert. We enjoyed spiced tea and talked about family and the church. She had two huge fireplaces that looked just like the olden days where you could cook in them. Of course they don't use them for that or heat for that matter.





This turned out to be a memorable day for me. She has invited me and my husband back later to enjoy a picnic at the lake that edges their property.





I have learned over a lifetime to savor every good thing that happens to me for as long as I can because it will soon pass me by never to be savored in that manner again. I enjoy life on a day to day basis not looking to far into the future in these uncertain times.

1 comment:

Kim Hardt Originals said...

I took a peek at your slide show. Your dolls are darling!

Kim