Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer time in the Steamy South


Time passes so quickly and it has been awhile since I last updated my blog.
We have experienced quite a Summer so far this year. First a flood that washed away many of our neighbors homes and possessions. Our community worked very hard to help people get back into their homes or find new ones.
I can't believe all the beautiful homes overlooking the river are now condemned.
Some how we all make it don't we?
We now have a oil spill down on the gulf to be concerned with. What is going to be next?
We live our lives in our little 50 mile radius's and think everything is okay if it isn't happening to us. It is to painful to see how others are doing sometimes. All the homeless people in Haiti living in tents.
I sometimes wonder why I was so fortunate to live here in this great country of ours. I hope we will never lose the hope and dreams our forfathers once had. Is it all a dream now? Have we enjoyed to much of the bounty that we are now taking it for granted? Are we becoming complacent and expecting someone else to carry the load?
Once this great nation of ours was the best in the world. We were the leaders. Everyone wanted to come here to live.
My prayer is that my grandchildren will experience the joy of fullfilling their dreams with the freedom I so enjoyed growing up. We always felt as if the world was our oyster.

No comments: