Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Breezes


The Swing'
by Robert Louis Stevenson

How do you like to go up in a swing.
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside-

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown-
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

During my childhood years. I always loved to swing. The higher it would go the better. It was so free. I felt like I was flying.

We are having a steamy sultry South now with a damp rain continually falling.
My roses are trying to perk up their petals but droop in the rain. Those nasty beetles keep attacking them. I spray them but more keep coming. I knew it would be work growing roses but I like them so much. They are my favorite flower.
They don't smell as good as they once did. Of course nothing is the same anymore. Our world is changing so rapidly.
My day lilies are beautiful now and about to finish their blooming season. Next will be my glads and of course the roses will bloom all Summer.
Another fourth of July is about to be upon us once again. It is just my husband and me here. No family close to have a family gathering like in the old days.
We may have a barbecue to celebrate the day with some friends. We can watch the fireworks on TV. No hassles with crowds of people.
I am busy working on Fall items and Halloween now. The weather doesn't allow for outdoor activities. The humidity is to much for me. I enjoy working on my dolls so will keep busy with that.
Happy Fourth everyone.

No comments: