Friday, June 21, 2013

Raven's Ride

I just finished this mixed media art piece in the vintage theater art style.
 I am very pleased in how it turned out.  It measures 11 inches by 7 1/2 inches and features a little sprite wearing a Halloween cat's hat and holding her moon rattler in her hand to clear the way of spooks.
She is riding a raven into the Halloween sky as the moon peers above with bats flying around. What will our imaginations conjure up as we fly off into fantasy land with this little kitty sprite I call Trivagels.  It took me some time to come up with this made up word to distinguish my fairies from other artists.  The meaning behind it is Trivial angels. I make these little 5 - 8 inch sprites occasionally for a challenge. They are very detailed and all done by hand.
 The stage is painted wood with poster board back. It is embellished with tinsel , ribbons and photo album art.
  The sprite is made with wired tinsel. fabric, glitter, ribbon, and wool. Her angelic face is scrap art.
Her raven is made with muslin and painted. He wears a crown and is ready for flight. 
 Price:  $45.00 plus $6.00 shipping.  Email me at vintmay58@aol.com for a Paypal invoice.





No comments: